Why write checks every month...when you can let AUTOMATIC BILL PAYMENT do the work for you!
Advantages of AUTOMATIC BILL PAYMENT
- Saves time - no more writing checks and stuffing envelopes.
- Saves money - fewer stamps means lower postage expenses.
- Always on time - no worries about late payments.
- Improves credit - builds a history of on-time payments.
- Provides more security - your payments are made electronically.
How Auto Bill Pay Works
- You'll still receive your regular bills, but now they will be paid automatically out of the account you designate
- Continue to pay your bills until we notify you on your regular bill statement within 6-8 weeks. Once on the program, your bill will be marked "Bank Drafting"
- On the printed due date the Water Department will request the payment be deducted from the bank account you have specified. (Approximately 19 days after the bill is mailed)
- Proof of payment appears on your bank statement and on your next billing statement.
Direct Payment Requirements
- One bank draft application per water account.
- One voided check per bank draft application.
- Name on bank account must match name on water account.
- Customer of record must sign bank draft application.
- *Business Accounts - A letter of authorization by business on company letterhead required.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is eligible for Auto Pay / Bank Drafting?
Auto Pay / Bank Drafting is open to all residential and selected business accounts billed by the City of San Bernardino Municipal Water Department. Your account must be in good standing and not subject to other existing payment arrangements, with a history of no more than one returned check within the last 12 consecutive months.
- How do I enroll?
Have your account number ready and call Water Department Customer Service at (909) 384-5095 or visit our office at the City Hall Building. Complete the application and authorization form and include the voided check from the bank account you would like your water bill to be deducted. Completed applications and voided check could be mailed to: Water Department Bank Drafting, P.O. Box 710, San Bernardino, CA 92402 or included in your water payment.
- How do I change information to my bank drafting enrollment?
Call Water Department Customer Service (909) 384-5095 to inform us of any change in your bank account information, address, etc. Inaccurate information may result in payments being refused by your financial institution. The Water Department willnot be responsible for delays or losses that result from inaccurate information or failure to provide us with timely notification of changes.
- Will I still receive a statement from the Water Department?
Yes. When you sign up for Auto Pay / Bank Drafting, you will continue to receive a monthly bill. Once enrolled in the program your bill will be marked "Bank Drafting". Your payment will be deducted from the checking account specified on the printed due date.
- What happens if a payment is rejected?
Payments may be rejected by your financial institution because of insufficient funds, closed/unauthorized accounts or other reasons. Check with your financial institution for possible fees it may impose. If your payment is rejected, The Water Department will charge a $26.00 return draft fee. The Water Department reserves the right to terminate your participation in Bank Drafting if your payment is rejected more than once within 12 consecutive months.
- How do I cancel Auto Pay / Bank Drafting?
You may cancel your participation at any time by calling Water Department Customer Service at (909) 384-5095. Please allow 5 business days notice to cancel your participation and terminate any pending bank draft.
Please have your account number ready and call Water Department Customer Service at (909) 384-5095 or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
PDF Auto Pay Flyer