What if my utility service(s) becomes eligible for interruption due to a delinquency?
If your account is fielded for non-payment of a past due balance, the following charges must be paid before your water service is restored:
- Past Due Amount
- Service Charge of $45.00
- A Security Deposit may be required.
Payment to reinstate service(s)* must be made in our office located at:
City Hall Building
300 North "D" Street
San Bernardino, CA 92418
All payments on or after the day of interruption must be in the form of Cash, Cashier's Check, Money Order, or Credit Card (1-877-238-6048 or www.officialpayments.com). Your account will remain in Cash Only Status until all past due amounts and service charge are paid and services are reinstated.
*Do not call the After Hours Emergency Service for reinstatement of service(s). This service is for emergencies only, and they will be unable to help you. Contact our offices during normal business hours to reinstate service(s).
Helpful Hints to Avoid an Interruption of Service(s)
- Mailed payments must reach us on or before the final notice due date. Postmark cannot be considered as date the payment is received.
- We strongly recommend that all past due or delinquent bills be paid at City Hall.
- DO NOT MAIL past due payments scheduled for disconnection.
- The Water Department is not responsible for any payments made at any payment centers other than City Hall.
- Use the After Hours Depository located outside the lobby of City Hall. Payments deposited before 7a.m. will be processed same day.
- Payments made by credit card will post to your account the following business day, so be sure to call in any confirmation numbers if your account is eligible for interruption.