The San Bernardino Public Library’s annual Summer Reading Program will kick off June 7 simultaneously as the four city libraries are scheduled to return to their regular service days and hours.
This year’s summer reading theme is “Reading Colors Your World!” Children, teens, and adults are all able to participate to win prizes in the event that runs through Aug. 2.
This year’s Summer Reading Program is a virtual program hosted by the Beanstack platform. Children, teens, and adults will earn online badges by keeping track of minutes. Each badge earned will give you an entry into the prize drawing at the end of the summer reading program. Teens and adults will also be able to write online reviews of the books they read to earn extra prize entries.
Patrons are encouraged to go online to register at sbpl.beanstack.org on the Beanstack app. Enter all the required fields to setup your account (as an individual or a family!) to track your reading minutes and earn online badges and online Grand Prize entry tickets. While online registration is encouraged – patrons can still sign up in the library.
Grand prizes will be awarded at the completion of the program in early August. Drawings will be held at each library and winners will be notified. For more information, call the library at 909-381-8250.
Back by popular demand also in conjunction with the Summer Reading Program is Checkers Library TV, which will again offer a weekly educational and entertaining program on Mondays from Memorial Day thru Labor Day at the Library’s website www.sbpl.org .
• Feldheym’s regular service days and hours starting June 7 are scheduled to be Monday – Thursday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 1 to 6 p.m. General information about library services is available at 909-381-8201.
• Rowe and Villasenor Branch Library hours will be Monday and Tuesday from 3 to 8 p.m. and Wednesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• The Inghram Branch hours will be Tuesday – Friday from 2 to 6 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Information and updates and a wide variety of online resources including Overdrive eBooks and eAudiobooks is also available at www.sbpl.org . Patrons are encouraged to follow the library:
• Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/sbcitylib
• Twitter at https://twitter.com/sbcitylibrary